Ornithophobia

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ornithophobia is the fear of birds. Since I was six, I have been terrified of any kind of bird, big or small. And every time I tell someone im scared of birds, they ask why. I've said the story a ton of times, but you (my devoted followers) have never heard the story.

Once upon a time..... NAH!

It was a family vacation trip, San Antonio, Texas, was our destination. And Sea World was one of our stops. And being children of course we wanted to see all the animal exhibits. But little did I know that The Bird Show was going to change the rest of my life. (My side of the story - as much as I can remember) we walked into (well what looked like) a stadium seating thingy. And watched as they introduced the birds and some history about them. They then brought a big bird (at the time) out on stage,


Rhinoceros Hornbill

stating that it couldn't fly (its wings has been clipped or something) then the stupid thing FLEW! It landed in our row, and on my leg! I started kicking it and screaming, but when the dude came to get the bird, they got mad at me. THE NERVE OF THOSE PEOPLE!!! The next day we went to the Riverwalk and there were pigeons everywhere, which only made matters worse. So to this day I'm terrified of any and every kind of bird.

0 comments: