Just call me Ebenezer Scrooge...

Thursday, February 11, 2010

So Alas Valentine's Day is almost here. and all i can say is "Bah! humbug!" In the lab i can hear guys talking about what they are gonna get their girlfriends. A bracelet, necklace, chocolate, etc. I'm not sure if its being single that's getting to me. I mean come on, I've been single before. No big deal. But not once can i think of a good valentine's day. The first boyfriend, i would rather not remember. The valentine's day after that, it was with friends, but still couldn't help but feel like a third wheel. The next, my boyfriend thought it would be sweet to ignore me the entire day then take me to dinner. Nice huh. After that my boyfriend was away in college and couldn't come down, so i spent my V-day with my sister and her fiance. Again third wheel. I mean i love my Sister & Danny, nothing could help that feeling. The most recent one i don't even remember. Must have not been that good. I'm not writing this to feel sorry for myself, i need to vent my feelings. What someone is all lovey-dovey one day then the next its back to fighting. What the Hell is that all about!! Right now all i feel like listening to is Pat Benatar or Joan Jett. Now there are two individual women who hold their ground.

This Valentine's day:
I won't feel sorry for myself.
I won't regret ending a relationship (that i was sick of)
I won't settle
I won't cry
I won't hold a grudge
I will be me.

0 comments: